Commonwealth Rolled Products or its subsidiaries are sometimes referred to in this Policy as the “Company,” “we,” “us” or “our.” The term “you,” “your” or “yourself” refers to the user or viewer of one or more of our Websites (defined in this Policy).
The goal of our Websites is to provide you with information regarding our Company, products and services, and to enable us to respond to your inquiries, orders and requests. This Policy explains:
- The type of information we may collect about you via our Websites
- How we may use that information
- With whom that information may be shared
- How protect the information we collect about you
- What choices are available to you regarding your information
- How you can contact us regarding this Policy and your personal information
Please note that this Policy applies to personally and non-personally identifiable information collected only online and any other Company websites on which this Policy is posted (each, a “Website” and collectively, the “Websites”). This Policy does not apply to information collected by the Company through any other means. When this Policy uses the term “personally identifiable information” or “personal information,” we mean information that identifies a particular individual, such as the individual’s first or last name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number. When other information is directly associated with personally identifiable information, this other information also becomes personally identifiable information for purposes of this Policy.
If you are a California resident, please see “California Privacy Rights” below for a statement regarding your right to obtain a list of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information.
Please be sure to read this entire Policy before using or submitting PERSONAL information via any of our websites. When you access, use or Submit personal information via our websites, you consent to the collection, processing, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
Changes To This Policy
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time in our sole discretion and without prior notice to you. Any changes to this Policy (with the effective date) will be posted on the applicable Websites when they take effect. We encourage you to review our Policy regularly for changes and contact us if you have any concerns.
The Type Of Information We May Collect; How We May Use It
In general, you can visit our Websites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. The Company does, however, offer visitors the opportunity to contact, communicate and transact business with us directly via one or more of our Websites.
If you choose to take advantage of any of these opportunities, we may ask that you voluntarily provide us with personal information to facilitate the communication or transaction. More specifically, we may collect and store personal information when you voluntarily provide it to us via our Websites, including, but not limited to, by:
- Completing and submitting any of the electronic inquiry, information request, contact or comment forms made available to you.
- Sending us email through any of the email addresses provided via the Websites.
- Registering for or setting up an account with the Company via any of our Websites.
- Accessing and/or utilizing any password-protected portions of our Websites or any customer or employee-specific portions of the Websites.
- Signing up for Company email alerts or for one or more of our mailing lists.
- Submitting a resume to us via email or other means made available through any of our Websites.
- Requesting a quote, product samples, literature or investor information from us.
- Ordering products from or conducting other online transactions with us.
In connection with these activities, we may collect various types of personal information from you, including, but not limited to, your name, job title, company or business name, physical address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, other demographic information, username, password and any other personal information you provide. If you do not wish to submit personal information to us via our Websites, we encourage you not to engage in any of the activities listed above.
We will not collect information that is deemed “sensitive” via our Websites unless you voluntarily provide it to us. Sensitive information encompasses information or opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record or health information of an individual.
The personal information that you provide to us via one or more of our Websites may be stored, processed and used by us (at our discretion) for the following purposes:
- To fulfill information requests and enable the Company to respond to questions.
- To process, fulfill and track orders, and transact business with you.
- To review, evaluate and respond to job applications and resumes you submit to us.
- For participation in external/public meetings, webcasts or conference calls.
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services, and to develop new products and services.
- To periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- To contact you from time to time. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- To compile, generate and/or analyze information for trends and statistics.
- To track whether leads and orders arise from user contacts with us.
- For internal marketing and research purposes, and to learn about customer needs and interests.
- To customize our Websites according to your interests.
- To complete the registration process, activate, maintain and/or administer your account(s) with us.
- To help conduct internal reviews of, administer, address problems with, modify and improve our Websites.
- To protect the security and/or integrity of our Websites.
- To make our Websites easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information.
- To match personal information collected via our Websites with information about you collected offline, including, but not limited to, for purposes of ensuring its accuracy.
- To notify you about changes to our Websites, including without limitation this Policy.
- Any other purposes authorized by you or for any other purposes disclosed on our Websites at the time you provide your personal information.
Non-Personal Information; Cookies:
As part of the standard operation of our Websites, we may use technology to collect certain aggregate and non-personally identifiable information concerning our users, including, but not limited to, your computer’s IP address, domain name from which you accessed our Websites (e.g.,
Non-personal information that we may collect from you via our Websites is not used by us to personally identify you. Instead this information may be compiled and/or analyzed by us on an aggregated basis to measure our users’ habits. This helps us to measure the use of our Websites, improve the content, functionality and operation of our Websites and to better understand and serve our users.
We may also utilize “cookies” in connection with our Websites. A cookie is a small data file that is stored on your computer’s hard drive. They enable servers to recognize your computer when it visits a website again (which, in some cases, eliminates the need to re-enter your information). Cookies help website owners analyze data about web page traffic and improve site functionality to meet customer needs or desires. Cookies also allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can then tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Overall, cookies help provide you with better websites, by enabling website owners to understand which web pages you find useful and which you do not.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. The “help” segment of the toolbar on most browsers typically explains how to configure a browser to reject new cookies, how to have the browser inform a user when they receive a new cookie, and how to erase cookies from a computer’s hard drive. However, disabling cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website you are browsing.
With Whom Your Information May Be Shared
We may disclose personal and non-personal information among our subsidiary and parent companies for marketing, promotional and business purposes.
Like most companies, we hire third parties such as agents and contractors to provide certain administrative and other business-related services on our behalf (e.g. accountants, shipping companies, companies that help administer our Websites or process transactions for us, etc.). We may disclose personal and non-personal information to these third-party service providers as needed to perform the services for which they have been hired.
In addition, we may disclose personal and non-personal information outside of our Company if you direct us to do so, or if we are required to do so as specified in more detail in “Disclosure Exceptions” below.
Notwithstanding the above policies, we reserve the right to disclose, without notice to you, your personal information to appropriate third parties if we are required to do so by law or we believe that such action is necessary:
- To comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order.
- To protect the Company’s rights and property or defend against legal claims.
- To protect any other party’s rights, property, and safety.
- To report to any law enforcement agency any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful.
- To investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving harassment, abusive messages or potential threats to the physical safety of any persons.
- To protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Websites.
- During emergencies, such as when we believe someone’s physical safety is at risk.
- In the event that one or more of our Companies is ever sold, acquired, merged, liquidated, reorganized, or otherwise transferred, we reserve the right to transfer our user databases, together with any personal and non-personal information contained therein, to the third party acquiring the respective Company or Companies.
Under the United States Patriot Act, we may be restricted from notifying individuals that such information has been disclosed.
Our Websites and any products or services provided via our Websites are not intended to target, and are not structured to attract, children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from or about children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly market our products and services to children under the age of 13. If we discover personal information submitted via one or more of our Websites from a child under the age of 13, we will eliminate that information. If a parent or guardian notifies us that we have unknowingly collected (via one or more of our Websites) personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will eliminate that information at the parent or guardian’s request.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer and allow an analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this site are usually sent to a server of Google in the U.S. and stored there. In the case of activation of the IP anonymization on this website, the IP address will be truncated by Google within Member States of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area before. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to a Google server in the USA and is shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this site Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity together and to provide other services related to the website and internet use to the site operator. The IP address submitted by your browser will not be merged with other data held by Google. You can prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser, we point out, however, that in this case you might not be able to use all the features of this site. You can also prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie relating to the use of the site (including your IP address) to Google and the processing of these data by Google by following the link below and downloading and installing the available browser plug-in. The current link is http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de
Our Company strives to provide both functionality and security to our employees and users of the Websites and other systems we maintain. Our approach to security involves many different facets including, but not limited to, firewalls, proxy servers, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificates, password policies, data encryption and Virtual Private Network (VPN) clients. All changes and exceptions to our standard security policies must meet the criteria of (a) a valid business purpose and (b) matching that purpose to the appropriate purpose. Connections to our Websites and other systems and services are not allow to be instantiated from an outside source unless by specific exception, and traffic initiated by Company system users to public networks are limited to a specific set of services and applications. We also restrict employee access to personal information on a need to know basis.
Unfortunately, no electronic communication over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to take great care to protect your personal information, we cannot warrant the security of any information that you submit to us VIA THE INTERNET, and you do so at your own risk. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure browser. Also, remember to sign off of our Websites and close your browser window when you are finished. This is to help ensure that others cannot pose as you online.
Links To Other Websites
Our Websites may contain links to other websites of interest, which are owned, operated and/or controlled by third parties. However, once you have used these links to leave our Websites, you should note that we do not have any control over the other third-party websites you visit. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the content, security and/or privacy of any information which you provide while visiting third-party websites, and such websites are not governed by this Policy. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to each website in question before browsing that site and submitting personal information over the Internet.
California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who have an established business relationship with us and provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us (once per calendar year) information about the customer information we have shared, if any, with third parties for their own direct marketing use. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information shared and the names and addresses of those third parties with whom we shared customer information for the immediately preceding calendar year. For example, if you make a request during the 2010 calendar year that is covered under the law, we will provide you with information regarding any sharing activities covered under this law during the 2009 calendar year.
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
To obtain this information please contact us as set forth above under “How To Contact Us,” and include “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line of your correspondence. If your request is covered under the law, we will provide the requested information to you in writing or at the e-mail address you provide.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at General_inquiry@commonwealthrolledproducts.com
You may also request to review, update, correct and/or delete any personal information that you provided to us via our Websites by contacting us at:
25825 Science Park Drive, Suite 400
Beachwood, Ohio USA 44122
Or emailing us at: General_inquiry@commonwealthrolledproducts.com